Thursday, September 10, 2009

Offertory Thought for September 6, 2009

What is an OFFERTORY THOUGHT? These are the thoughts I share with the congregation prior to taking up the offering. Most are original...at least the ones I will offer here are. Pastors who follow this blog may or may not find the ideas useful in their own ministry.

My grandmother was never one to remember birthdays, however when she came to visit she always brought gifts with her. When I visited her, she always had some special treasure to give me and an accompanying story about where the treasure came from and any special significance it held. The story about the gift was as important to me as the gift and whenever anyone admired the treasured gift I would share its story. I have come to believe that all gifts have a story whether it is about the gladness or the sacrifice made by the giver; the story is always significant.

No comments: