Monday, October 12, 2009

Prayer to Accompany Sermon October 11, 2009 "Little Children"

This being National Children's Day I drew on all of the prayers I remembered from my childhood and a new one, perhaps it is from your childhood. I changed the "I's" to "We's."

“Thank you God for this lovely day. What can we contribute to it. We will try to make it for others and ourselves, a better day than yesterday. Thank you God for the world so sweet. Thank you God for the food we eat. Thank you God for the birds that sing. Thank you God for everything. For health and strength and daily food, we give you thanks, O Lord. The Lord is Good to me, and so I thank the Lord, for giving me the things I need, the sun the rain and the apple seed; the Lord is good to me. Now before we run out to play, let us not forget to pray. Dear God who kept us through the night, and waked us with the morning light, help us to love you even more than we have ever loved before. In all we do in work or play, be with us Lord from day to day.” Amen.

No comments: